My Way to A Course in Miracles

 




Looking back now, my way to "A Course in Miracles" probably all started in 1969 when i accepted Jesus the Master and Messiah, consuming the Campus Crusade for Christ. However, after joining a Christian brotherhood of aspiring monks, where I was daily quizzed on what many Somebody compared to I had memorized and might recite verbatim, I was totally confused by it all. Their version of reality just didn't sit well with me. I felt like a parrot of Somebody compared to, that we didn't even set out to understand, or this town crier that nobody wanted to hear. Jesus would show me more, much more.


As divine synchronicity would have it, I absorbed a hallucinogen that resulted in a near death feel the day after Christmas, 1970. When i was in the black void, with only the consciousness that "I Am", George Harrison's song My Sweet Master began playing. That was my voice vocal to God, not George's! Soon a brilliant white light began appearing out of the darkness, as my soul sang "I really want to see you Lord". Then somebody begun to emerge out of the light. This Holy One oscillated between sexy and womanly. As I'd been praying to Jesus, I thought it might be him, but without a beard. I began sobbing from the depths of my soul, as the Holy One disseminated telepathically into my heart. I knew this Being to be outright pure love. a course in miracles Then it was over. I was shot back into my body, hearing the word what to a new song telling me "it's been a long time coming, it will be a long time gone. inch How true that has been.


A year later, I saw the cover of Autobiography of a Yogi. It was Paramahansa Yogananda who had come to me! Next came meeting Baba Ram Dass, who confirmed that we was not crazy and stated that Yogananda had did actually many young spiritual searchers on drugs. He also autographed my copy of Be Here Now. My next decade was spent being an aspiring yogi and practicing Yogananda's Self-Realization Fellowship lessons and exercises, chanting, meditating and receiving initiation into Kriya yoga. Yogananda's path and linage of trainers brought the much needed clarity for me to understand Jesus and Christianity better. Yogananda also showed me the fundamental truth behind the oneness of all beliefs. And he brought me to Babaji, the Mahavatar who sent him to America back in the 1920s. Ever since I heard the name Babaji, I knew I knew Him. He and Jesus work together, behind the scenes, in the cosmic scheme of things. And Babaji was to be the next step in my ongoing spiritual development. However, Used to do not know at this point that she had purportedly demonstrated a body again and was surviving in small town of Haidakhan, in upper The indian subcontinent. That would come later, along with the mystery and fantasy of this current symptoms.


After hearing Bhagavan Das sing out, I aquired a dotara and began chanting mantras to God daily. This simple, ancient two- stringed instrument is easy to play and lets one follow the drone sound into silence. At this point, I purchased my own place in the woods and met a man who'd lived with Babaji. He conducted a Vedic fire ceremony that Babaji had taught him to start my new abode. I inhibited and grilled him repeatedly, asking if this new Babaji was the same thing Yogananda had written about. Yes, one and the same but ancestors egos still question His true identity. Babaji's new Kriya yoga was the trail of truth, simplicity and love while performing karma yoga- work -- and keeping one's mind on God, through duplication of the ancient rule Om Namaha Shivaya. Babaji stated that this rule alone was more powerful than the usual thousand atomic bombs and His 1-800 number. I began at this point seriously doing japa, or the duplication of the rule on 108 rudraksha drops, to get this vibration into my bass speaker consciousness. I also learned many ways to chant it on my dotara. With all of this going on, I aquired "A Course in Miracles" and began the daily lessons immediately. I tried to make sense of the Text but got no place; each phrase bogged me down and must be re-read over too many times to assimilate. I was just too young, I told myself. I was thirty-three. I'd deal with this Text later, sometime, maybe.


Then following a year of being married, the house burns down- a real karmic fire ceremony. In the ashes, untapped by the fire, was images of Babaji and His cymbals from Haidakhan. Talk about miracles! Next, was the unexpected news that we have a baby coming, after losing everything? My marriage begun to dissolve quickly after i chop down twenty feet off a roof, breaking my body in twelve places. Making it through death, I was put back into college for just two years to be retrained, while my ex-wife and son left for the Free airline. This is when all of my abandonment issues led to extreme drinking alone. After college, I left for The indian subcontinent to see Babaji's ashram, as He previously already left His physical body again, and to hope for help with my well being in the most spiritual country on earth. I attended the 1995 Kumbha Mela festivity with ten million others and lo and observe, who should appear? It was Babaji, asking me if i was having fun. Yes, but I couldn't speak to answer Him! Then he faded back into the crowd, leaving me impressed. Returning state side, I wound up following my ex- wife and son to the Free airline, where my next thing was peyote meetings with the Local Americans for many years to come. Everything I'd read and studied in the Course was evident on the medicine inside that tipi. God Is. I learned more in one night than I had in years of studying metaphysical books. But I didn't practice all I'd learned and I let my depressed ego, alcohol and abandonment issues take me closer to death's very door.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discover the Answer Football Betting Methods

A key points with Trying to play Online Slots

All the Certain to get Top Weight Loss Technique